Carlingford bike hire – Over 30 bikes in stock! Electric bikes, hybrids, fat bikes, kids bikes, trailers and child seats. All bikes come with helmet, map, high vis and suggested routes.
Cycle the new scenic Greenway from Carlingford to Newry; with its amazing views of the lough, Warrenpoint harbour and the famous Mourne mountains. If you’re looking to go off the beaten track we can suggest some great routes around the scenic Cooley Peninsula. Book a 5 hour e-bike tour of the peninsula with our experienced guide. We have hybrids, e-bikes, kids bikes, trailers and child seats.
€40 e-bike or €20 regular full day bike hire
World’s #1 e-bike
book yours today
These bikes can be rented for either a full day for €40 (10:00 – 18:00) or weekly (call for price).
We supply you with a Kalkhoff e-bike, helmet, high vis, map of the area and an information booklet on all the interesting sights and local legends.
*Bikes are suitable for ages 14 upwards.
- Kalkhoff Electric Bikes
- German built
- Powerful silent motor
- Great for tackling hills with ease
- Voted #1 e-bike in the world
To book a Bike Rental please follow the below links
The Carlingford Lough Greenway project comprises the creation of 10.1 km of new cross-border Greenway, linking Newry City in Northern Ireland to Carlingford in Ireland. The new stretch will link with the previously completed Portadown Newry element resulting in a total length of 52km of cross border Greenway along the East coast of the island of Ireland. The project construction is to be completed by December 2019 and is part financed by the European Union’s INTERREG VA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body.
|The Carlingford Lough Cross Border Greenway will be developed against the majestic backdrop of the Cooley and Mourne Mountains, linking communities along the west side of Carlingford Lough from Carlingford to Newry. The Greenway will build on the recently completed and already popular Omeath to Carlingford Marina Greenway providing a world class cross border green travel route running parallel to the R173 Road Newry Dundalk Link Road.|
The peninsula extends for approximately 25 km from Newry City through Omeath and Carlingford to Greenore. The peninsula’s community and the community of Newry are constrained by vehicular free limited public spaces. The cross-border road is narrow and uncompromising for cyclists. Therefore the challenge is to reduce the number of vehicles on the cross-border road by offering an attractive active work and travel alternative.
In summary, the Carlingford Lough Greenway project:
- Involves the construction of a new cross-border route for cycling and walking.
- Creates a safe and attractive active travel cross-border route from Carlingford to Newry for commuters and others.
- Engages Louth County Council and Newry, Mourne & Down District Council in an exciting collaborative project that establishes a new physical link between jurisdictions.
- Will recruit businesses that employ significant numbers of cross border workers and third level education institutions to utilise the Greenway for cross border commuting.
- Will engage schools and the local population in utilising the Greenway and commuting to work.
- Involves the delivery of a Greenway Activity Programme that will encourage and facilitate people to cycle/walk and promote behavioural change to reduce their carbon emissions.
- Meets the local and regional strategies in terms of tourism and healthy and active living.
Carlingford Greenway bike hire company are the north easts premier bike hire company. We have over 30 bikes in stock. kids bikes, trailers, tag-a-longs, electric bikes, we open all spring/summer long and through the autumn/winter we open on demand and when the weather is decent, we have a full range of helmets, high vis jackets, carrier bags and any accessory required.